Monday, December 18, 2006

7 DAYS TO GO

I still cannot believe Christmas is almost near. I can't believe that we have been here for almost 4 months. It still seems too good to be true sometimes...

I do feel lonely that I am spending Christmas away from the Philippines. But of course, at the same time, I am happy that I am with Ruther this holiday. It'll be different and new, but I know we have to go with the flow. I just feel a bit sad that it's hard to enjoy Christmas in a country that does not celebrate Christmas in the first place. Back home, every day is a reminder. Carols everywhere (malls, homes, even jeepneys!), decorations in every home, streets all lighted up, people smiling and being cheerful... I miss that and I miss the family reunions too. It's such a great time to bond and to catch up with each others' lives. I love bonding with the Dorojas back home in Zamboanga. They are all so warm and I really enjoy their company. Among the Ruste, I miss Mamang Lety and Ritche the most. Mamang always makes sure Christmas is special for everyone and she has her way of doing it. I miss her and I hope, wherever she is, she is happy and at peace. The Sarocas are also great relatives. Their closeness as a family is one thing I hope my family will always have even when the boys get bigger and have their own families.

Maybe next Christmas we won't be by ourselves anymore. This Christmas will be an experience for us, and I know we will survive this, but hopefully, we won't be alone again in future Christmases...

No comments: