Friday, December 22, 2006

CHRISTMAS TIME CLEAN-UP

Ruther informed me the other day that there will be an apartment inspection on Monday, December 25. Apparently, it is a Japanese custom to do a general cleaning at the end of the year called Ohsouji. Aside from the regular cleaning done in the apartment, we have to make sure other areas usually overlooked are also cleaned like the drains, the windows, the curtains, the veranda, the exhaust fans, and the main door. I guess this is a lot like spring cleaning only this is done at the end of the year. I started cleaning yesterday. I moved the boys' toys to the loft and removed a lot of empty boxes behind the tv shelf. I vacuumed as well, although I am sure I will vacuum again this weekend. Today I will be cleaning the windows and the main door and do a preliminary dusting. Tomorrow, I'll clean the kitchen area and the loft. Then Sunday, Ruther and I will probably do the rest of the cleaning together. I suppose it's a nice tradition. To take away all the dirt and dust and greet the new year with a clean, fresh home. Wish me luck...

No comments: