Wednesday, December 20, 2006

JUST WONDERING...

This morning, on our way to the grocery, my boys and I passed by McDonald's for some ice cream and cheeseburger. I noticed that the ladies behind the counters were in their late 40s to early 50s. They were very friendly towards me and I wondered why, in the Philippines, most of the fast-food servers are in their 20s-30s. I think it's nice to see servers of all ages. Not only does it give the older citizens jobs but sometimes, it's wonderful to see a cheerful granny serving you and making you feel like a kid again. I wondered about this as I walked home and remembered some old women in the streets of Manila begging for coins or food and I am saddened at the thought that they are getting on in years and yet, no one takes care of them. Sometimes, it's just hard living in a poor country... =(

No comments: