Tuesday, December 26, 2006

POST-CHRISTMAS REVIEW

Just as I predicted, these past 2 days have been really crazy. Crazy but loads of fun! Sunday, we went around Yokohama. We checked some of the depertment stores there but we did not buy anything because well, most of the items there were horribly expensive!! So, we just took some pictures and had ramen for lunch. Ethan enjoyed the noodles just as much as Ruther and I did! After that, we headed home because we still had a lot of cleaning to do. Late afternoon, after tidying up some more, we napped for a bit and then I started cooking spaghetti for dinner. At around 7pm, we had dinner, got dressed, and waited for the call from my mom and dad back home in Zamboanga. My sister and brother were also home with them and I miss them all sooo much!! Well, needless to say, we spent most of the night chatting and exchanging stories. My dad misses the boys so much and wants us to immediately go home to Zamboanga as soon as we arrive in Manila. =D Silly Daddy! Anyway, the boys opened their presents and soon, the room was a noisy, wrapper-filled, toys-everywhere mess. But they had so much fun! Ethan loved the books I got him as well as the train sets from Ruther's officemates. Nikki liked the word bucket and he started reading them straight away. They also got clothes from Ate but I don't think they'll be able to wear that because they are only suitable for Philippine climate so i suppose it's all right to keep them first. I gave Ruther a grooming kit and 2 shirts. I got 2 DVDs of my favorite movies from him (Dick Tracy and The Family Man). The picture-taking session was the most fun! Even the boys were hyped up! I am so glad we had this opportunity to have a family picture. Last Christmas, we did not have one because Ruther was away. Now, we have memories to treasure forever. I am so happy for celebrating this Christmas together as a family...=D Anyway, after that, Ruther called Mama and Papa and we talked for quite a while too. They were very pleased with the presents I got them and we asked how things were in Manila. We were glad to hear that everyone was doing okay. They miss the boys too so hopefully, they will get to see how much the boys have grown and developed and learned these past months. I am sure it will be a great homecoming for everyone. Anyway, by the time we were done chatting, it was already 12 midnight so we had to go to bed.

It really was a fun day. Entirely different from how things are back home, a bit lonely because it was just the 4 of us, and a little less colorful because we were the only ones celebrating in our building BUT it was an entirely unique Christmas celebration nonetheless. I am so blessed to have a beautiful family and even more blessed to have a wonderful husband. That in itself is already a spectacular Christmas present. Here's to more Christmases together!!

No comments: