Saturday, January 27, 2007

SPIC AND SPAN

There's going to be another apartment inspection tomorrow and even if Ruther is not around, I still have to do the cleaning. So today, I started with the chores. I dusted everything, fixed the toys (although this will be messy again in a few hours), cleaned the kitchen, vacuumed the living area, swept the kitchen floor, wiped the counters, washed the blankets and aired the comforters and futons. Tomorrow, I'll have to clean the toilet and bathroom and then do a bit more of cleaning in the living and kitchen area. Good thing the apartment is just a small place. =D

.....

Ruther called around lunchtime. For today they have team-building activities planned out so when I was talking to him, he sounded a bit sleepy. He did a bit of swimming last night until around 1am so I guess he lacks sleep. He'll probably call again tonight to check on us.

.....

I checked out countdown meter and guess what? We only have 30 more days before we go home!!! THIRTY days left! Bummer bummer bummer... It seems like just a short while ago when the boys and I came to Japan. And now, in a month's time, we'll be leaving. When we got our visa from the Japan Embassy in Manila, it was surreal to me. Like we were given a great gift and I didn't know what to make of it. Now, after almost 6 months of staying here, the journey is almost over and again, it all feels surreal to me. Sigh. Not only will I miss Japan, but I'll miss Ruther all over again... =(

No comments: