Saturday, February 17, 2007

A WONDERFUL SATURDAY

Well, we had another eventful Saturday.

We woke up early today and we were at Kozukue Community Center at 9:30. We were the first to get there so Ruther and I practiced some shots while waiting for his friends to arrive. I suppose I have to practice my drop shots more because I always miscalculate and the shuttlecock rarely makes it to the other side of the net. Anyway, I played a pretty good game. I suppose I was more serious in my game today than I was last week. Ruther's game was good too. His smashes are getting stronger and his backhand is improving a lot. When he really concentrates on his game, he really can play well.

We ended at 12:30 and then decided to have lunch at Saizerye, an Italian-themed family restaurant in Kamoi. Ruther and I ordered a kiddie plate for the boys (which had fried potatoes, a burger steak, sausage, corn and peas, 2 focaccia bread and 2 small jello cups) and for us, we got the corn chowder, pepperoni pizza and chicken wings. Yummy! =D We also got the "drink bar". I love the drink bar here in Japan. You drink as much as you want and anything you want for a certain price. I first got a glass of cola then after lunch, helped myself to a cup of cappuccino. It was so yummy, I got myself another cup. (I know, I know... too much coffee, but I'm going home in 9 days!!!) Anyway, those cups kept me awake for the rest of the afternoon.

We were supposed to go to the Marina today but Ruther said it would be better to go tomorrow because we were expecting rains at 6pm onwards. We didn't want to risk getting rained on so guess what was planned instead? KARAOKE! Yup! An afternoon of singing. What better way to have fun? This time, I managed to sing a few songs because there were just a few of us and they were all good friends so I guess I let loose a bit. I usually go off-key when I hold the mic but surprisingly, when I heard myself this afternoon, I was okay. No, not great, okay. But I'm happy with okay. Some of the songs I sang: Hung Up by Madonna (chosen by Ruther), Crazy for You by Madonna, You're In Love by Wilson Phillips and some songs by Filipino artists. It was a LOT of fun. I usually don't sing on mic when I'm not with family but today, it was nice to get out of my comfort zone.

We were done with the karaoke at 6:15pm (we were supposed to be out by 5:15 but we asked to be extended for another hour). We passed by the apartment of Ruther's friend for a while to get our badminton stuff which we temporarily stashed there before eating lunch at Saizerye. After a short while we headed home.

Sure enough, it was drizzling a bit when we walked home from the train station. But even if we did not have an umbrella, it was very light rain so we were just lightly damp by the time we reached home. I cooked some soup, luncheon meat and fish for supper and then we watched Grey's Anatomy and The O.C.

Right now, we're just settling down a bit and then we'll be sleeping in a while. Tomorrow is another big day and we need all the rest we can get. I promise to post some photos tomorrow after our trip back from the Marina.

So for now, good night all!

No comments: