Tuesday, March 20, 2007

BEING HOME

It has been very peaceful staying here in Zamboanga. During our few days stay here - 3 days actually - the boys have been running around, playing, laughing and just being themselves. It's nice to see them so uninhibited. Nikki has really grown to like Zamboanga. When I asked him what place he liked more, Manila or Zamboanga, he said he liked Zamboanga better. I think it's because of the big space, the bonding with my mom and dad, and just the feeling of peacefulness. Really, you would not feel the hustle and bustle of Manila here. This city is laidback, a really "go at your own pace" kinda place.

.....

We went out this afternoon to buy some bread. Ethan loves the bread here in Zamboanga beause they are soft, sweetish and crusty. We usually buy the monalisa/monay. But this afternoon, daddy bought some cheesebread as well and eggpie for me. I love the eggpie here. It's really creamy with just the right sweetness. Ethan loved the chesebread, he ate 3. Mom and dad were happy about that. Nikki is not a bread lover. When I asked him to try the bread, he said, "That's Ethan's bread." Sigh...

.....

It's nice to be bonding with mom and dad again. It's nice to come home regularly (we try to come home every year). I love spending time with mom and dad and to see my high school friends. It's really a nice feeling knowing you have a wonderful place to go back to...

No comments: