Thursday, March 08, 2007

POST OFFICE AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES

I just came from the post office. I sent Ruther 2 air parcels containing his favorite butong pakwan (salted watermelon seeds), some soup packs, chicken gravy (the don't have a lot of those in Japan) and a surprise. I hope he'll like the surprise. I think it will suit him well. The packages will reach him in 7-9 days, hopefully in a week. I spent around P880 per package. I guess it's okay because well, you can only send as much love as you possibly can. =D

.....

The boys have been in a physical mood this entire day. They have been playing basketball (just shooting the balls into the hoop) in the room (we have a small hoop here in case they can't play when it rains; good thing because now, they can still play even if the house is a mess), they made some makeshift steps using a stool, a small box and a taller stool and have been going up and down all day, and when they saw the treadmill nikki told me, "Mommy, I want to exercise!" So, I let them and they had a great time. Sure enough, by 230pm, they were ready for their nap and when they were asleep, I headed for the post office to send Ruther's stuff.

I was glad that they have so much fun doing physical activities even if they are just here in the room. I hope they will always like to move and play and not be couch potatoes.

.....

When I went to the post office, the woman there remembered me. We are sort of friends now because I send Ruther parcels every 3 weeks or so. When we saw me, she asked immediately, "So, you're back!" She knew that I went to Japan with the boys. She asked me how the trip was and I told her some stories while she weighed the parcels and placed stamps on them. She is such a nice lady, I'm thinking of giving her a keychain I bought in Japan the next time I see her. =D It's wonderful how we make friends in unusual places. =D

No comments: