Tuesday, March 13, 2007

REMINISCING...

I met up with a college classmate of mine yesterday at Robinson's Place Manila. We have been meaning to meet (we planned it last year but it never happened!) and since I will be heading for Zamboanga this Saturday, we thought, we better get it over with rather than put it off for a few more months. So, okay, we decided to meet yesterday.

We left the house at 10am and it was traffic!! We got to Robinson's at around 11:30am and we headed for Playbox, the play center for kids on the 3rd floor. Nikki has been been to Playbox several times for the past years and he loves it so much he calls all the play centers "playbox". =D

Anyway, I left the boys there and met up with my friend M at Mexicali. I wanted to eat at Sbarro because I love the baked ziti there but M was craving for Mexican food, so okay. We started chatting and talking about our lives, or plans, our families (M is still single) and our past. We got to talk about our former classmates and then we were talking about how our close friends from before drifted from us after we graduated. M belonged to another circle of friends and I belonged to another group. But now, M and I are closer than my own circle of friends in college. It's really funny how you discover your true friends later on in life. My college friends and I have not really stayed close. We do communicate still and I email friends from time to time but it's different now. There's some sort of formality in the exchanges. But my high school classmates and I are really TRUE friends. Even if we don't see each other for 4-6 years, the moment we are together, it's just as if we saw each other yesterday. No pretences, no weird silences. It's just as if we were in high school still; the chattering, the jokes, the stories, the noise are endless. We could still talk about anything under the sun and we could share anything with each other. I suppose it's also because I've known these girls since I was 5. From then, the friendships formed just took root and despite our status, location (some of them are scattered all over the world) and situation, we still are true to each other. And I love that I still have true friends until now. And I hope that I will discover more true friends in the future...

No comments: