Monday, March 26, 2007

SINGLE WHITE ... STRAND OF HAIR

I was combing my hair the other day and was closely inpecting a few strands ( I always check for split-ends) when I saw this white hair standing out like it's telling me, "Hey, look at me! I'm different!". I quickly plucked it and upon closer inspection, saw that it was completely white from root to tip. Now, I have long hair. I haven't had a haircut for maaany months now. As I stared at the white hair, I wondered, how long did it take for that single strand to be completely white? Hmmm. Might have to research the anwer to this. Unless of course, someone else gives me the answer and spares me the trouble.

Anyway, did you know in the Philippines, there's this superstition that says for every white hair you pluck from your head, you will eventually grow more white hair so old folks advise NEVER pluck those pesky white hair. Now I don't know if that supersition is true but when I find about 10 white strands of hair by next month, I'll let you know.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Hi Yette, I have one white hair that I keep noticing in the sunlight in the bathroom. I pull it out and then a few days later I notice it again in exactly the same place and the same length too. It couldn't possibly grow to that length in a few days!
They say over here that if you pluck them more grow back too.