Tuesday, April 24, 2007

NIGHT VISITOR

For the past 2 nights we have had a visitor in our room. Yep, it's a little mouse!

The first time I noticed it was when it crawled under the door and ran under the computer chair (where I was!) and dashed under the bed. Now, I really HATE mice. I cannot be even more explicit about it. I HATE them! I HATE mice and I HATE rats! HATE! HATE! HATE!!! Okay, gotta calm down...

I know mice in movies are cute and all but well, in real life and in my world, they creep me out. A lot. I suppose there's that ick factor and the fact that they are dirty creatures. Also, I hate it when they scamper around oblivious to any human presence. Can't they do that when everyone's asleep? I also hate it when they could fit into a hole as tiny as the circumference of your thumb and when they get into nooks and crannies. I hate it when I see little mouse droppings here and there because I can already imagine the myriad of diseases and sicknesses one little poo can bring to me and my boys. So yeah, I am itching to get rid of this little bugger...

I found out from experience that poisoned rat/mouse food is not a good idea. Firstly, these pests are very cautious creatures. It will take several days for them to get near the food let alone eat it. Secondly, when they do eat it and eventualy die, there is the task of finding the smelly body which, in my opinion, is totally disgusting. Thirdly, having poisoned rat food in a home where 2 curious boys are present is NOT a good idea. So, in comes the FLYPAPER! Yup, good old flypaper. I usually just put a sheet of flypaper in an area where the mouse frequents, hold it down with sticky tape and put a small piece of food (usually the really smelly one like chicken or dried fish) right smack in the middle of it. Then I wait. It takes a lot of patience but sooner or later, I do get them. It's just a matter of time...

The trap is ready. Now, I wait...

No comments: