Thursday, May 24, 2007

HOUSE OF WAX


House of Wax was on HBO last night. I vaguely remember watching this before but not finishing it. When I watched it last night, I realized why. It was just so gory! With the decapitation and slashing and torture, no wonder I could never remember the ending of this movie because I was too scared the first time to watch it. For most part of the movie, I was watching on mute just so I would not jump out of my skin but still, some of the scenes made my skin crawl and gave me palpitations. I would rather watch suspenseful movies like Jaws, The Ring, I Know What You Did Last Summer, Night of The Living Dead. Even Alien and Silent Hill. But not the likes of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I just find mutilation every 10 minutes or so unnerving. It just affects me too much. Although I have to admit that Elisha Cuthbert did play an excellent role in the movie. Her acting was really good. And Chad Michael Murray too. I told Ruther about what I felt about the movie and how affected I was. He said that that was usually what audiences wanted which is why most US horror films are like that. I suppose he's right because Asian horror films are more suspenseful and thrilling than gory. At least this time, I did finish the movie. *rolleyes* Oh well...

No comments: