Monday, May 21, 2007

I'VE BEEN TAGGED...

Mommy Stella tagged me! She said that I have to list 5 crazy things about me. Okay, here they are. Well, maybe these are all I could think off...

1. When I was little, my mom owned this cute lipstick set. It was a lip gloss and lip color in a strawberry case (the case was made of fiberglass). The strawberry case was as big as an actual strawberry and really looked like a REAL strawberry. You open it (it halved) and on one side was the lip gloss and the other side was the actual lipstick (only it was not in the form of a stick so you needed a lip brush to apply it on your lips). And, not only was it a cute strawberry and looked like a strawberry but it SMELLED like strawberries too. So one day, when I was little (I think I was only 3 years old then), my mom caught me EATING the lip gloss! She told me that my face was covered with the gloss (good thing I didn't eat the lipstick) and from then on, she kept that cute strawberry lipstick and I never saw it again. The end.

2. I nearly killed my sister. Okay, I'm exaggerating. It was during summer. I think I was 10 years old. We were having our golf clinic and we were all down at the driving range practicing our swings. I had a driver in my hand when I did some practice shots. Then, when I was doing a backswing, the club hit my sister right smack in the middle of her forehead! I was sooo shocked! My sister paled (she hated blood then) and I don't remember what happened next but some people brought her to the nearby hospital where she got some stitches for the cut on her forehead. Of course I cried but my mom and dad didn't give me the third degree because they realized that it was an accident. After that, I would tease my sister that it was a good thing I got her right in the middle of her forehead otherwise she would have gotten a lopsided scar. =D

3. I joined a Miss Yuletide contest. It was not my choice. I had a shy personality when I was young and would clam up when there were lots of strangers around. I was elected to join by relatives. I dunno the reason for the contest, all I know was that one day, one of my relatives spoke to my mom and told her they were including me in this contest. Imagine my mortification! Good thing this was organized by my relatives only. They said it was "just for fun". Well it wasn't for me. Anyway, my sister was Miss Yuletide '85 and I was '86. 'Nuff said.

4. I loooooove orange float! Sometimes, when I badly need a pick-me-up, I buy a pint of vanilla ice cream and a can of orange soda and make my own orange float. Really really one of my favorite (and sinful!) things! I like it with lots and lots of vanilla ice cream!! Yummy! (Okay, I know this is not so crazy, but I still loved sharing this!)

5. I suppose the craziest thing I have ever done is deciding to homeschool my boys. I still have to get support from my family, I still take it one day at a time. Sometimes I feel like everyone is against me, sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mind, sometimes I feel like I'm all alone. But when I see Nikki googly-eyed at a bug or Ethan painting away like mad or when I see them so interested in learning, I feel that this sacrifice, to be a stay-at-home mom, is worth all the lack of support, having no career and being financially dependent on a husband. Hopefully, when the boys are bigger, then people will begin to see the fruits of my labor. For now, I'm just hoping I'M not crazy.


Okay, I'm done. Hmmm... I'm tagging you, Mitzh! Oh, and Jenica too! Enjoy! =D And anyone else who wants to be tagged. So, go!
P.S. Of course, you can opt not to do it if you don't feel like it... I think tags are fun! It's like getting to know me again. =D

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, how funny, I just read down this far on your blog to see that you've already done the tagged/a number of random facts about yourself thing! :) Well, if you feel like coming up with a few more... :)

mitzh said...

nice to know more about you, yette.
But can I pass this one up. I am not feeling very well these past few days...

hope you don't mind for that I'm such a tag pooper... (--)

mitzh said...

I think I messed up the last sentence..

what I meant is* I'm sorry for being such a tag pooper.

:P said...

thanks for the tag, amy! mwah! =D

:P said...

no worries, mitzh! =D