Saturday, May 19, 2007

SATURDAY SLOW DOWN

Ruther's headache and dizziness finally went away, much to my delight. When we spoke last night, he was already feeling a bit better. He had to take a paracetamol though but only once. Am really glad that he's no longer having the headache. I always feel so bad when he's not feeling well and I'm so far away. Utterly frustrating.

.....

Last night, the boys and I talked about birthday cakes. Ethan is celebrating his 4th Birthday next month and even if we won't have a party, I always buy a cake to commemorate the celebration. I think it would be wonderful for them (when they are older) to see their birthday pictures every year with a cake and candles. Anyway, I've been thinking of what to get Ethan for his cake. Last year, his cake had a Superboy motif (that was so much fun). I asked Nikki if Ethan would prefer a Lightning McQueen cake or one with the Little Einsteins on it because those are the shows he loves watching right now. Nikki picked Little Einsteins. I suppose he's right because Ethan keeps on bringing the Little Einsteins DVD case with him wherever he goes. So, sure, if it's available, Little Einsteins cake it is.

Then I asked Nikki what HE would like for his birthday. He said that he wanted a Mickey Mouse cake. I told him that was what he had last year. So I asked him if he wanted a Toy Story cake instead. And he agreed. But he specifically told me that he wants the Toy Story 2 (with Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Stinky Pete and Bullseye) and not the Toy Story. Uh, okay.

Kids. =D

3 comments:

mitzh said...

Good to know that Ruther's feeling much better...

Time flies fast, Ethan's 4 years old already? w0w!!! How old is Nikki...

My little girl is a year older that Ethan she's turning 5 this year..

She's not into theme though when it comes to cakes, she just likes cakes on her birthday, period.

I guess that's what she's missing having a theme birthday party and a theme b-day cake... I think b-day's not that big a deal here in Japan.

:P said...

Yup, Ethan is turning 4 na. I was just complaining to Ruther the other day that our boys are no longer babies. Nikki will be 6 this year. =D

Well it's a good thing that your daughter is not so particular about birthday cakes because the cakes in japan are so costly!! for Nikki's birthday last year while we were in japan, I made the cake myself. i just used my mom's chocolate icing recipe and bought the ready-made spongecake at Sotetsu Rosen. Then I bought a Mickey Mouse coin bank at Daiso and put it on his cake. He loved it! Of course, I was happy. =D

mitzh said...

awww that is so sweet!!! i guess children are just like that they're more easier to please. they can make your heart burst with so much love and happiness...

my daughter squeals with such delight when we buy her even a small cake with strawberries for her b-day...