Saturday, May 26, 2007

THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANTED

Yesterday was a bad day for ordering/buying. Well, for me at least. Last night, my parents, the boys and I ate at a fast food restaurant. I was pretty fed up of the food in that particular restaurant after eating there week after week so I went to the other fast food restaurant just beside it. I ordered lasagna, garlic sticks and nachos for take-out. They said my order would be ready in 15 minutes. It was close to 25 minutes when I got everything I ordered. When I got back to the restaurant where the boys were, I found out that my mom already ordered some food for me. So of course, I had to eat it. I did share my nachos with mom and dad. Since I was too full then, I decided to eat the lasagna for breakfast. That was the plan but imagine my surprise this morning when I saw what they gave me. Baked macaroni. Hmmm... I remember distinctly saying, "One order of LASAGNA for take-out please" last night. So why did my lasagna become baked macaroni? Thinking back, my only relief was that both cost the same so I suppose it was okay. But then again, my story does not end there...

After dinner last night, I told my dad I had to buy milk for the boys. So he brought me to a pharmacy and Nikki came along with me. I found Ethan's milk quickly enough and told the lady standing nearby that I wanted one can. I noted that the cans were in a glass cabinet and she needed to use a key to open it. After she gave me the can I told her I needed one more can of milk. I found Nikki's milk and through the glass I pointed at it and said, "Eto, Miss" ("This one, Miss"). While she was unlocking the glass cabinet, Nikki asked me if he could get ice cream, the one in the cup. He loves the mango flavor so I told him to get one. When he did, the woman gave me Nikki's milk and we paid for everything and were on our way home. When we got home, I proceeded to fill the boys' milk dispensers and again, imagine my surprise when I opened Nikki's milk and it was chocolate flavor! This time, I was disappointed. That can cost me P365. The vanilla flavor is only P342. There's a big difference there. And what am I to do with the chocolate flavor? Sigh. So today, I gave my dad some money to buy the right can of milk for Nikki. I was thinking that I could let Nikki try the chocolate flavor one at least. Maybe he'll learn to like it.

I was thinking, maybe it's my fault for not checking. Maybe I should have taken the time to open all the styrofoam containers to make sure that all my orders were right. Maybe it's my fault that I didn't check the can before paying for it. But I also thought, it was not completely my fault. I suppose being a consumer I always expect that not only should the goods be okay but the service should be as well. I know I did NOT make a mistake in saying my lasagna order. I know I did NOT make a mistake in pointing out the right flavor can to the woman. They just weren't paying attention. So, what am I to do? Do I complain? Do I rant or send a letter? There are times when I want to. But I do understand that some mistakes are excusable. Maybe this time, I'm not in the mood to complain or rant. I suppose I want to let it go. And I CAN let it go. But in the future, you can bet that I'll double check everything I buy.

2 comments:

mitzh said...

I don't want to be bias but I think some Phil. food chains, restaurants, pharmacy etc..has really a bad service..

Since I'm a victim myself from such service, I tend to double check everything. If the place tend to be busy I will have the heart to understand why the mistake but if it's like I'm only the customer at that time I'll be really, really mad.

And normally I noticed that the times they made that mistakes is when they really don't give any attention to what you're saying and continue their unending gossiping. That really pisses me off that I will end up saying, "please listen to what I'm saying so I can go and you can do whatever you want to do."

I hope you're feeling much better now, after those incident.. :)

Have a wonderful weekend, BTW!
take care...

:P said...

I think the problem sometimes with poor service is lack of training. Because of this, the salespeople are not aware that they should be mindful of their customers needs, be it a helping hand, speedy service, providing carts or simply giving the exact change. hopefully that will change in the future. in SM, i already see big changes and although there are lapses, at least they are trying. and that's a plus for me already. =D