Friday, May 25, 2007

TIME AND DISTANCE

I cannot believe that it's Friday again. When you don't think about it, time flies so fast. But when you're overcome with boredom, the ticking takes forever.

I usually find time to be so unbelievably slow when Ruther and I are apart. I feel like the days drag on and on at a snail's pace. Sometimes it can be frustrating; other times it could even be worse. Even when I try to focus on other things, there is only so much distraction that I could take, only so much that I could do to keep myself busy and preoccupied. I suppose I have the boys to thank for filling my days and weeks and months. I'm happy that Ruther and I still get to talk every evening and keep in touch through email. I'm glad for technology. But I really miss the companionship, the embraces, the kisses and all those things that come with getting married. I miss my husband. A lot. Maybe even more now because this has been the longest project overseas that Ruther has accepted. My wish for the future is that we won't be apart any longer. I hope that this will be the last. To be gone for a week or two, would be all right. But for months on end... it's just too long and too many memories have come and gone. Being in our 30s, I want us to spend more time together, to watch movies, to go on dates, to exchange ideas, to attend birthday parties and talk about silly things. I want the next years to be about fun and excitement and romance and laughter. Bottomline is, I want us to be together.

Funny thing, time. When you're in your teens, you can't wait to grow up. But once you're an adult, you prefer to take things easy, to savor the world, to be with your loved ones. I don't know what the future has in store for us, but hopefully, it won't be something that Ruther and I will have to do apart.

4 comments:

mitzh said...

I wish that all your wishes do come true.

Amy said...

I spent a semester living down at school during the week, but was able to come home on the weekends. I konw that was hard for us...I can only imagine how hard your situation must be. I'm keeping you in my prayers.

:P said...

thanks mitzh! be well!

:P said...

thanks so much amy! i really appreciate it. hopefully, the future won't be too lonely for me and Ruther. mwah! =D