Wednesday, May 30, 2007

VARIED THOUGHTS

We're going back to Manila in a few days' time. I'm not exactly sure if I should be excited or if I should dread the return. I'm sure with all the renovations going on there, the house would definitely be a mess, there would be dust all around, not to mention I would have to ransack through all the boxes to get things in order. I remember coming back from Japan to find all my clothes in boxes!! I had to sleep in going out clothes because it was too dark in the laundry room to look for my boxes that night (we arrived 12 midnight). Sigh. Might as well get it over with as soon as speedily possible...

.....

While browsing through the newspapers today, I happened to notice that Spiderman 3 is still being shown in theatres in Manila. That is of course, wonderful news as I cannot even recall the last time I was in a movie house! So hopefully, I could manage to watch this flick once we get back. Hmmm... I would have to ask my sis to babysit the boys though...

.....

I am done with the Agatha Christie book, Elephants Can Remember. Really wonderful mystery story. I'm thinking I could squeeze in one more book to read before we head off to Manila. Maybe I'll pick another Mary Higgins Clark mystery. I'm sure my mom won't mind if I borrow another book from her.

.....

Remember my post This Isn't What I Wanted? Well the chocolate milk is such a waste because Nikki doesn't want to drink it!! Even Ethan finds the taste a bit weird I think because after trying a few sips he refused to take some more. And I tried my best to make it taste like chocolait, their favorite chocolate drink. I even used a squiggly straw and put 2 ice cubes in the glass to make it fun. All to no avail. So now, I have a full can of chocolate milk with no one to drink it. I'm thinking of trying again or giving it to my cousin's 3-year-old daughter who eats anything and everything she could get her hands on. Oh well... C'est la vie.

2 comments:

mitzh said...

You really need lots of patience and energy when you get back to Manila. Renovation is great but it sure sucks at the same time. ;D

I haven't gone to a movie theater for such a very long time. I think the last time I watched a movie in a theater was way back 2002.. makes me sad :(

That chocolate milk was really a waste, hope your cousin's daughter will like it though.

:P said...

i think i will really be preoccupied for the first few days after we arrive in Manila. i have to fix the room, find our clothes and my goodness a million and one things to do. my real worry is getting the room ready for ethan's birthday. we usually have some picture taking and such and I don't want the background/surroundings to be a mess!

=(