Sunday, June 17, 2007

BLISTERING SUNDAY



What a terribly hot day it was today! My goodness! We had lunch at dampa (a place where there are a lot of seafood restaurants) to celebrate Father's Day and the first wedding anniversary of my brother-in-law and whaddya know, the airconditioning of the place we went to was busted!! So we had to eat our lunch with fans blowing warm air toward us. Really really not my idea of a fun time. Ethan was so cranky from the heat he preferred standing outside the restaurant where there was a bit of wind to cool him. Sigh.

Then, we had to pass by a place that sells ceramic tiles because my mother-in-law had to buy some tiles for the new bathroom and it was just so terribly HOT there because it was like a warehouse type of store and there was no airconditioning and only ONE fan! So the boys and I crowded around the single fan while Mama and my brothers-in-law looked for the right-color tiles. The boys were so cranky from the heat and because it was time for their nap. Ethan wanted to be carried when he got cranky. Sigh. He's such a heavy boy but I carried him still because he was sooo sleepy at that time. When we got home, we were all soooo thirsty we finished 2 pitchers of cold water!
Sigh. Manila has just become too hot these days... Where oh where are the rains?

.....

I watched Night at the Museum last night. It was a funny movie. Not really one that critics would love but it was a fun, feel-good, makes-you-happy kind of movie. And I was glad to watch it because there were times when I was laughing my head off and I was glad to laugh, if only because of a movie. (I think as adults, we need to laugh more but I will save that for another story.)

Anyway, Ben Stiller played his usual comedy and even if some of his antics were overdone, it was still okay with me. Owen Wilson and Steve Coogan were funny as well. Robin Williams, a versatile actor, was great as Teddy Roosevelt. There was one scene with a tire that made me laugh so loud I sounded like a crazy person. =D I liked the light story, the characters, the plot. Very enjoyable movie indeed.

.....

Tonight was the tv premiere of Disney's original movie Jump In. I was really looking forward to watching this because I loved High School Musical and I think that the double dutch concept was a nice touch because it's not that well known here. Anyway, Corbin Bleu's acting was nice. He did good at High School Musical but I think he did great in this latest movie. I loved how the story did not push a love match, how it focused on being true to oneself, how it teaches acceptance, understanding, and self-realization and yes, I was glad that there was a happy ending (of course, it's a Disney movie - duh). It was a nice story. Really straight to the point and let me just say that the stunts and choreography were really awesome!! Really amazing! I nearly clapped during the freestyle show! Yup, really really amazing...

I enjoyed this movie so much. Hopefully there will be other nice movies like this. I think this is a good and inspiring movie for young people out there.

P.S. Am looking forward to watching High School Musical 2 in September! Hopefully it will be as good as the first one. =D

2 comments:

mitzh said...

I'm always planning to watch Night At The Museum, but always seems to put it on hold.

I think you'll love Music and Lyrics and Charlotte's Web...

:P said...

you'll like the movie mitzh, because it's funny and light. =D am going to watch music and lyrics next. =D