Tuesday, June 26, 2007

DRESS CODE

Before the mass ended last Sunday, the priest told the people of a new regulation of the church regarding the proper church attire. He said that men were discouraged from wearing jerseys, low-hanging pants, and sandos. For the women, short dresses, sleeveless tops, blouses that were too revealing or had plunging necklines, miniskirts, and low-hanging pants are restricted. I would not have minded this restriction because I love wearing dresses, and my arms are probably too large for spaghetti-strapped blouses but when I heard that wearing slippers was also discouraged, I had to frown at that. I understand the need to have a proper dress code for the church but what harm can wearing flip-flops do? And it can get so terribly HOT at church. And I do love my flip-flops. I am really not sure if the priest meant "slippers" as "rubber slippers" only or if flip-flops were included in that category. Sigh. I'm starting to wonder why I'm so affected by the slipper thing when I'm perfectly okay with the dress code. I'm starting to think of buying a wedged flip-flop. This way, it won't look too much like a slipper but still have the comfort and style of a flip-flop.

Sigh.

4 comments:

beevs said...

i couldn't agree with u more. it'll be really comfortable to wear flip flops because of the very humid weather these days. maybe they only meant rubber slippers..as in the typical "pambahay tsinelas". hehehe.

:P said...

hello beevee!

am glad you agree with me! i would really hate not wearing flip-flops because they are soooo comfortable. well i hope you're right - that they meant tsinelas when they said "no slippers". =P

thanks for dropping by! =D

mitzh said...

I love flip-flops... And they probably meant rubber slippers.

But I definitely agree about having a proper attire when attending mass.

:P said...

i hope you're right, mitzh. i don't like wearing closed shoes these days...

sigh.