Thursday, June 21, 2007

OUR GREEN ROOM

Woohoo! Our room was finally painted today! I finally got to see how the paint color I chose looked on our walls. I must say, it's a very relaxing color. The moment you enter the room you could almost say, "Ahhhh..." at the peaceful green. I am so excited for the room to be done!!!
This afternoon, I walked to Federal, a place where I could get vinyl tiles for our room. It's not too far from our subdivision so it's conveniently located. Anyway, I picked a dark oak color for the floor. One tile cost only P21.80 (approximately US$0.47). So not bad. I might get the tiles in a few days' time because they have to order it yet. But I don't mind. I'm sure it won't be too long. Maybe we'll get it in the weekend. I'm so excited to show Ruther the color of the room. I'm still not sure how he's going to find the color but hopefully, he'll like it. =D
I've been scanning my magazines for ideas on how the cabinets would look like, on what furnishings will look great in the room, and how we could maximize the space in there. I think hanging cabinets will be a logical choice. Then I'll have to find a nice closet for Ruther and me. Hopefully the one I'll pick will be big enough for us. Hopefully.
I can't wait for the floor to be done so I could start fixing the room up! Will take more photos in the coming days. =D

4 comments:

Amy said...

I love that color! It's a little minty, which to me makes it seem cool and refreshing. Russell and I have been discussing paint colors for our room...green is a front runner because he doesn't want to sleep in a lavender room. Not that I blame him... :)

mitzh said...

I loooove the color. It's very relaxing.

I'm sure it would look perfect.

:P said...

hello amy! part of the reason why i decided on this color is the tropical climate we have here. i don't want to come into a sunny room when it's mostly sunny all year round! it's just too hot! so i think this calming green will give us a really cool feel even without the air conditioning. =D

too bad about the lavender though. it's one of my faorite colors. =D

:P said...

thanks mitzh. i was so very glad tht ruther liked the color as well. =D