Sunday, June 24, 2007

PASALUBONG

Pasalubong is a Tagalog word meaning "souvenir". In the Philippines it has aquired the meaning of a small gift or souvenir from someone travelling either whilst visiting or upon returning home. The literal meaning of pasalubong is to "greet", "surprise" or "meet with". Pasalubong is very popular among Filipinos if good relations are to be maintained. Pasalubong can range from food items such as fruits, imported confectionery goods and other sweets. Pasalubong can also be other items such as shirts, novelty items, knives and toys etc. If it is something that can be bought or wrapped, it's a pasalubong. (from Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pasalubong)

.....

My uncle (mom's younger brother) just arrived from a trip to Canada. He was there for a month with his wife. When he came back a few days ago, he brought back a lot of pasalubong from my aunts who are now residing in Toronto (I have 2 aunts, 3 uncles and a grandmother who are Canadian citizens). I heard from my mom that my uncle had SO much to bring home, he even left behind a box because there was just too much stuff for him and my aunt to lug around and they had too much excess weight. I laughed at that because that is very Pinoy (Filipino). If they could pack everything including the kitchen sink, they would. =D

Anyway, these are the pasalubong we got:



I got 2 lipsticks and a tube of lotion. In the photo are my cousins, Kyle and Shini with Santa and Mrs. Claus. (These were the leftover photo cards from last Christmas.)




Cute Nike caps for the boys. =D









A cute pair of silver and black shoes. (My sis said hers were gold and black.) =D


Candies and gum for the boys. But unfortunately/fortunately, they are not fond of these.






A new watch, just for me! =D





I love this photo stand. I am so into cutesy stuff like this! =D












A nice stretch top for exercising.















A shirt for me.




And lastly a very cute summer bag! I just love the HUGE button!








6 comments:

Jane said...

Love all your presents especially the England top!!
Take care, Jane

:P said...

thanks jane! will try to take a photo me wearing that. =D

take care!

mitzh said...

I love the photo stand as well, soooo cute!

And the bag so pretty!

It's so nice to receive gifts... ;P

:P said...

hahaha! we have the same likes, mitzh! the bag is reeeally cute with the big green button. =D

beevs said...

is that jelly beans? *drools* i love sweets kasi eh. hihi. love all the pasalubongs too. :)

:P said...

naku, sana sa iyo na lang yon! my boys aren't too fond of jelly beans and I'm cutting down on sweets (too fat, is why). =P i gave both the jelly beans and gum to my brother. i think he consumed them all by now. hahaha! =D