Wednesday, June 27, 2007

PEOPLE WHO ROCK MY WORLD

My sweet friend Mitzh has picked me as one of her blogger friends who rocks. I am truly appreciative of this gesture since (as you very well know) I am a stay-at-home mom and frankly, this job is not so "rock on". So, it's so nice when people acknowledge my blog if only to appreciate the photos I post or the nonsensical things I write about. My sole purpose in making this blog is to give others a chance to take a peek into our little home, our minds and our hearts. Hopefully, I have touched other lives as well.

And now, I will pass this honor and pick 5 women who inspire me and who I think makes this world rock in their own way.


  • Amy (Happy Amy) - I pick you, Amy, because: 1. you are so wonderfully you, 2. because you are a talented, bright woman, 3. because you know yourself so well, 4. because you have a big heart and take such good care of Russell and June and 5. because you are a fun-loving, happy girl.
  • Jane (Jane's Journal) - Jane, you are such a lovable person. You are such a devoted mom, you care so much for your family. I love your creativity and your contentment for the simple life. You are truly admirable.
  • Jenny (Jen's Journal) - Jenny, you have a big heart as well. You love Ed and your kids so much and it shows. You are as creative as your mom and I love how you express yourself so well in your blog. I am sure when the kids are bigger they will appreciate every memento you made for them, every gesture of love you bestowed to them.
  • Mio/Mitch (I Can Dream, Can't I?) - My friend from college and who I can confidently say is one of my true friends. You are such a devoted mom to your 2 girls. I love how you enjoy life with your family, how you appreciate your togetherness and how you treasure family bonding. You are a smart, down-to-earth, very unique woman. Not only are your comments and pieces of advice insightful but they are timely as well. Thanks for having my back. =D
  • Mieko (Mieko's Diary) - I pick you, Mieko because you give me a taste of Japan everyday and I learn so much from you. You have a sweet soul, you enjoy life and you care very much for your family. Not only that, but you are a great teacher to your students and care for each one of them. You love the simple life in your "old" house and you are one of the people I hope to be able to meet one day.
Thanks to you (Amy, Jane, Jenny, Mio and Mieko) for rocking my world. I appreciate knowing you even if it was only through cyberspace.

It is I think, unfortunate that I only had to pick 5 women. I would want to acknowledge more people but I know that they know I appreciate them a lot despite not being listed here. I leave the choice of tagging other people to you. Feel free to do as you please. =D

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for mentioning me on your list Yette, it means a lot to me :-)
I really enjoy browsing through your blog. It is so informative and I admire you for the way you homeschool your boys even though you get criticism. I also admire you for how well you cope with Ruther being away so much. It is lovely to get an insight into life and traditions over the other side of the world too.
Take Care.

:P said...

you are very welcome, jenny! =D

take care!

mitzh said...

I'm so happy that you appreciate it.

:P said...

thanks again, mitzh! *hugs*

mitch said...

Uy, touched naman ako.....Totoo lang, I am really glad we got in touch again after that long interval after college. And while I know, we did not spend a lot of time together before, I am very happy it doesn't feel that way now. In my book, you are my supermom!

:P said...

naku, basta ako happy na i still have friends from college. ayoko kasi na totally civil and cordial na lang ako sa mga classmates natin kasi gusto ko pa rin na i would have "true friends". kaya thank you! =D *hugs*

Jane said...

Have just seen this Yette and must say thank you!
I wish my blog could be as good as yours there is always so much to read and look at.
i love the way you look after your boys and how you cope without Ruther, I hope you will be back together soon, take care, Jane

:P said...

thanks jane! you are so sweet. and I wish too that ruther and I won't part ways any longer.

=D