Wednesday, July 25, 2007

ILL

Last night I was not feeling right.

It actually started with some dizziness in the late afternoon but it was not serious enough to make me worry. I was still able to read several chapters of The Order of the Phoenix to prepare me for the movie (I'm planning to watch this weekend). But around 7pm last night, I was already feeling a bit funny. Well, my tummy was actually. I even told Ruther (when we spoke through Skype) that I didn't know what I wanted to eat for supper but later on, I realized, that was mostly because my tummy felt funny. Anyway, as the night progressed, I felt worse and worse. I thought it just might be because of hunger (I ate only ate 2 bananas for supper because of the "funny" feeling). I really felt like I had a full tummy but I hardly ate anything. It felt like I had a lot of air inside me. When I got up to help Ethan go to the bathroom at around 945pm, I felt terribly sick. While Ethan peed, I rushed to the kitchen sink and vomited. It was really bad. I really could not control the retching at all. It seemed like my tummy wanted to expel whatever it had inside it. Russell, my brother-in-law, saw me vomiting at the sink and was probably so worried he didn't know what to do, much less rub my back to help me feel a bit better. So while I was doing my thing, he attended to Ethan who, earlier on, kept on tugging my shirt to pull up his underpants (because he just came from the bathroom). Eventually, my retching stopped and I had to catch my breath because not only did I vomit continuously, but my throat was now burning. While answering "I think I'm okay" to Russell's "Okay ka lang?" (Are you okay?), I washed my face with water and gargled a bit. I felt a bit weak but definitely better (tummy-wise). To counteract the acidity in my throat, I decided to drink some milk and that I did carefully. I still felt some dizziness so I did not push myself any more and just stayed in bed while the boys played their learning games in the computer (and made a mess with their toys) and I watched some tv. When I got so hungry, I just munched on a piece of cracker because I didn't want to upset my tummy again.

Anyway, it was just a horrible night. I'm a very nurturing person and I usually put others' needs before mine but last night, I thought, it would have been nice for someone to attend to me for a change. It would have been nice to have Ruther hold my hand while I lay in bed. It would have been wonderful for him to have been here for me. But since that was not going to happen, I just gave him a short call (it was 11pm in Japan then) then later on, I updated him through email. Russell was kind enough to check on me at around midnight though.

I still can't pinpoint the reason/s why I felt really sick last night but it could have been because of dizziness (I'm anemic), or all the reading I did on the computer (I couldn't find our book anywhere so I settled for the pdf file), or eating very little for supper. Or it could have been all three. I don't think I caught something because someone else in the house should have showed the same symptoms I had. But no one did. So I am suspecting this is a random thing. Well, I'm hoping it is because I would not want a repeat of that!

Waking up this morning, I felt a bit better but definitely not too okay to make me want to go out of the house. So today, I'll just stay home and rest and just take it easy.

3 comments:

mitzh said...

I feel for you, Yette. The part where you wish that Ruther was there...{{hugs}}

Glad to know that you're doing just fine. Take care always..

:P said...

thanks a bunch, mitzh... i was feeling pretty low last night being all on my own. it was only then that I realized that I really can only be strong to a certain limit then I want someone else to take care of me.

i hope my tummy gets all better soon. thanks again! =D

Jane said...

I hope you're feeling better now Yette, it's hard when you still have the children to look after
take care, jane