Wednesday, July 18, 2007

OLD HOUSE



I just want to show you the photo of Ruther's old house. This was actually their home in 1976. It really was just a starter home. It had 2 bedrooms, a toilet and bathroom, kitchen/dining area and living room. Mama told me that the land then was ridiculously cheap just as the land now is ridiculously expensive. It also did not cost them much to have this house built. As you can see, there are no houses nearby. This house was one of the first on the street. But now, the house has changed so much. It's so much bigger. When it is done, it will have 6 bedrooms, 3 toilet and bathrooms, a family room, living room, dining room, kitchen and laundry room. =D I guess because the family is growing now, there is a need to expand. Besides, Mama and Papa said that now that they are retired, they want to live comfortably. And why not? I think they really deserve it. =D

Anyway, Papa gave me this photo so I could scan it and then frame a copy. I think it would be a nice conversation piece. The old house in sepia beside the new house in black and white. =D Hopefully, when Nikki and Ethan are older, they will appreciate this photo as well.

4 comments:

beevs said...

wow..truly 70's era. the one in the photo is even in bell bottom jeans..hihi.

nostalgic feeling. reminds me of the old las pinas when it was not too populated yet. and we were also one of the first houses on our street, 2nd actually.

btw, can't wait to see the finished house. :)

:P said...

will post a photo of the finished house the moment it is done, i promise. =D

take care!

mitzh said...

I don't know what it is about old photographs, but I just LOVE them so much!

I think life is much simpler back then, yes?

I actually love the 80's, 90's and early 2000... *sigh*

:P said...

yes, life was really simpler back then. less hectic, less frenetic. oh well...