Friday, July 20, 2007

SPIDERMAN 3


I watched this movie last night. It was all right but somehow, I did not like it as much as the other Spiderman movies. I just felt that something was missing. Don't ask me what, I don't know what it is. I just felt it. Anyway, it was pretty all right. I suppose you can only do so much in a movie with 3 villains and one superhero plus a love story right smack in the middle of it. And also, how many times will Mary Jane be a victim just because of Spiderman? Poor, poor girl.

I suppose the constant in Peter Parker's life will be poverty. He never seems able to get out of it. I was a bit disappointed when Harry Osborne dies at the end of the movie. I always feel bad when good people die. Kudos to Topher Grace for excellent acting. I could never separate his That 70's character in my head but after I watched this he was really great. =D

And now the villains. Hmmm.. I really can't say much about the Sandman. I did read his fictional biography and it's strange that there was no mention of a daughter there. I suppose the best thing he said in the movie for me was: "I'm not a bad person. I've just had bad luck." It was a really sad thing to say. And I suppose that's true in real life as well. Poor guy. As for the Venom, I also read the fictional biography. It seems that he is both Eddie Brock AND a black alien creature meshed into one. Weird. The one thing I don't like is that Venom throws web-like thingies too. He supposedly got that from being previously attached to Spiderman. Bummer. Anyway, that church bell scene apparently happened in the comics and also that scene where Eddie Brock went to church. My only question is, what will happen to the Sandman and will Spiderman have another movie?

Oh well, I suppose there's nothing we can do but wait.

No comments: