Sunday, August 26, 2007

THE AFTER-SWIM

We just arrived home a few minutes ago from our trip to Laguna. I must say the boys had a lot of fun at Monte Vista. I have no idea how much the entrance fee was because Ron paid for everyone. I suppose it was his birthday treat for us. We found a big round table for us that was located near 3 different kinds of pools and Nikki was the first in the water. Ethan was a bit cranky because he lacked sleep and it was a bit warm but after a few minutes, I changed him and he was soon laughing and playing with the other kids. Nikki had a lot of fun in his floatie and he and Ethan enjoyed the big slides so much. Of course, Russell and I were their companions. The slides were not at all scary because you had to push your way down. It was not slippery at all! Although thinking about it, I think it was also party because my shorts were not slippery enough because some boys slid down quite easily. I now have (somewhat) sore arms from trying to push Ethan and me down the long slides. But it was still fun. I think one of the floaties was abused too much that it had a hole and Nikki and Ethan had to share the one by late afternoon. Good thing Ethan got sleepy and Nikki had the chance to play until a few minutes before we had to leave. He was fast sleep in the car on the way home. Poor tired little kuya. But it was such a nice day. The kiddie pool was covered so I did not have to worry about the boys getting too dark and there were times when it got cloudy and rained and that was fun. We also tried one of the hotter pools but Nikki and Ethan complained. Haha! I suppose the big slides were the best. Even I had a lot of fun too. Nikki informed his grandparents that he wants to go back to Monte Vista. Well, that will happen most probably next month because it will be Papa's birthday. We'll see. I'm sure Nikki won't stop talking about this. I just have to wake him up first.

2 comments:

mitzh said...

wow! good to know you had a wonderful and fun weekend.

I miss the family outings we do in the Philippines. :(

:P said...

thanks mitzh. we did have a lot of fun. hopefully there will be more...

take care!