Thursday, August 30, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY INANG!

Today is Inang's birthday so we went to Don Galo (a place near where we live). She is 92 years old. She is Ruther's paternal grandmother and the only grandparent alive now. Inang is very remarkable. At her age, she could still walk straight. Of course, she walks slowly but she is still able and quite strong. I suppose the only difficulty she's having is hearing. We usually have to scream near her ear for her to hear us. But her mind is still sharp. She even remembered Nikki's birthday! I heard her telling Mama, "November 29 si Nikki, di ba (right)?" Yup, really remarkable. I do hope that should I reach the age of 90, I would still have a sharp mind. Maybe it also helps that she is surrounded by a loving family. I took photos of her with the boys tonight. I'm not sure if she will still be alive until the boys are much older but I would still want them to see that they met their great-grandmother even if they won't remember it. I am sure they will appreciate that when they are bigger. My paternal grandparents have passed away but my mom's parents are still alive so Nikki and Ethan have 2 more great-grandparents to bond with. Who knows they might all still be here 5 years from now.

Happy Birthday Inang! God bless always!

No comments: