Friday, August 17, 2007

RAINY FRIDAY

When I woke up this morning, it was raining. It's almost evening now and it's still raining. Not that I'm complaining. =D Even the boys have begun to complain about the cold. Nikki asked for a blanket last night (which almost never happens here) and Ethan snuggled close to me and even got a part of my blanket and placed it carefully around his middle, leaving his feet and upper body exposed. *rolleyes* I know... kids. But it's such a great time to snuggle and cuddle and drink hot chocolate. The other day, I had some difficulty sleeping because I was somehow squished at the wall. When I finally got up I realized that Nikki and Ethan were on my part of the bed leaving the other half empty!! Sigh. Really restless sleepers (like their dad - shhh!). Anyway, it's really great that the boys are having fun with the cold weather. At the same time, we don't have to worry about missing classes or getting wet in the rains because we homeschool. (On tv, I saw school kids stranded because of the floods and because classes were suspended when they already left their homes so it really was a worrying sight.) Just the other day we did an experiment on how craters were made. The boys had a lot of fun and Ethen didn't want to stop, even when he was covered with flour! Today, I left the tv off the whole day. I wanted to see what the boys would do to relieve boredom and Ethan did some puzzles and Nikki played on the computer. Then after that, Nikki and I had to review "time" and we read abook about it too. Later, we'll do the egg experiment and Nikki has been looking forward to doing that all day.

Anyway, I hope everyone is nice and warm in their homes. More news tomorrow!

4 comments:

mitch said...

Sobrang lamig siguro, sumiksik na sila sa iyo for heat. Funny, dito sa bahay, ganyan din sila. Lalo si Aeon, mahilig sumiksik yan pag tulog. One time, hinatid ko si Dallas sa school, when I got home, si Aeon naka-wedge sa likod ni Jong, and they were almost on the edge of the bed. Hehe

Amy said...

Oh yes, plenty warm in my home here in the good old US Midwest. I am positively dreaming of snow and ice. I even almost miss the icy gusts of winter wind that are So cold you actually say, "Ooooooh," when they hit you. Enjoy the cool weather while it lasts! :)

:P said...

haay naku, etong mga boys ko mga balat kalabaw daw sabi ni Ruther. hehehe... buti na lang hindi na mataas yung bed nila ngayon. at least there's no risk of falling.

:P said...

hi amy!

you're a winter person I suppose, unlike me (who loves the tropical weather). i guess the cold takes some getting used to. take care!