Friday, August 24, 2007

SHE DESERVED IT

My goodness! This Malu Fernandez is quite the buzz these days. I chanced upon her infamous article (featured in People Asia magazine) in one of the blogs I frequent. I must admit I was appalled at her atrocious behavior. I so abhor people who are so full of themselves and who act like prima donnas (if you don't believe me, ask Ruther). In her article, she castigated overseas Filipino workers while in a plane ride to Athens. I most especially was horrified when I read in that article that she was in a "private hell" being with these hardworking people. She said more things but I suppose no need adding fuel to the fire. Anyway, I could go on and on but to make the story short, I hated her attitude and so does the rest of the Filipino community. Well, at least those that sent her hate emails anyway and told her off. Well, she really should be ashamed of herself in my opinion. I don't know if she has kids but my goodness! what values are she teaching them with her snobby attitude? Anyway, to blow everything out of proportion, she was featured on TV Patrol tonight!! My gosh! So embarrassing! On national tv! In the news story, I learned that not only did she get hate mail, she also got some death threats! Well, she should have seen that coming. If she wanted to be so high and mighty, then she should expect the troubles that come with being high and mighty. After the article came out and the furor reached its peak, she refused to apologize and said that she was only being true to herself (oh really?!). In a separate article, she was urging people to "use common sense" (or whatever the *ell that means). But when the uproar was just too great she fell down (was pushed down I think) from her hideous pedestal and is now trying to be lowly and humbled (which I don't believe, sorry). Anyway, in the news tonight, she apologized and said she resigned from the Manila Standard (a news daily here) and People Asia magazine. Well, to be honest, she truly deserves it. When I told Ruther about it he also agreed that she was just too much. (He also added that she didn't even look like she had the right to be all prima donna-ish - in other words, she was ugly.) Not only did she diss her fellow Filipinos, she had no right bashing these people we call "modern-day heroes". Well, I hope she really learns her lesson and remembers that being rich or wealthy does not make a person. She is such an embarrassment and I am ashamed to call her a Filipina. She needs an attitude overhaul badly. Shameful.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The TV Patrol World reports about Malu's Resignation ;)

mitzh said...

She really deserve it!!!
I so HATE her!

:P said...

haay naku, mitzh. sobrang nakakahiya siya talaga. as much as I would like to be sorry for her situation I really can't kasi she really deserves this for acting so maarte. buti nga sa kanya!

mitzh said...

You know she's lucky to have the kind of life she has and to buy all those things and do all the stuff she wants. She should be thankful and share her blessing rather belittle other people.

Kristine said...

I can't believe they even printed her story! For controversy maybe?!

:P said...

i don't know, kristine. but the editors should have asked her to revise some things in her article. but even if she did not diss the OFWs, I still didn't like the tone of her writing. she really put herself on a pedestal too much and to yourself you'd say, "who does she think she is?!" so appalling! grabe!