Sunday, September 16, 2007

AUSTRALIA

Tita Nicki (who is married to Mama's brother) is urging me and Ruther to try to migrate to Australia. I told her the other night that Ruther and I are considering migrating to Australia or New Zealand after Ruther's stint in his current company ends. We really don't want to be in this position years from now because it's really not a happy situation. We just don't want to keep on living apart. She agreed and suggested that we could stay at their house in Newcastle. Natasha (Tita Nicki's daughter and Ruther's cousin who is here in the Philippines right now) is actually excited about the idea. She said that it will be great to have us there since they are the only family living in Australia as it is.

Ruther and I have been talking about migrating for the past 5 years or so. We have tried to weigh everything and consider everything and it came down to New Zealand and Australia because of the existence of relatives, because it's easier and because these 2 countries seem like nice places to live and work and bring up a family. Also, with family to guide and help us, we won't be fearful of the unknown. Of course, I would have wanted to migrate to Japan instead but well, I have to be practical about it because of the high standard of living and language and cost of education. I suppose I could just visit Japan every once in a while. That wouldn't be so bad...

Anyway, who knows what the future holds for us? We just might make it there in a couple of years. As long as my family is happy, healthy and together, anywhere is home for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Of my friends, three couples have emigrated to Australia over the last few years - seems a popular place to head from over here!! I'd like to visit again in time, it's a long time since I visited.
Best of luck!!

:P said...

thanks a bunch, ed! ruther and I are keeping our fingers crossed. =D

Feenwerkstatt said...

Hi from Germany! I accidentally found your blog, very cute!
Greetings, Anja

:P said...

hello anja! =D thanks for visiting!