Thursday, September 13, 2007

DEJA VU

Have you ever dreamt the same dream? I have. Last night. I cannot recall when I first dreamed the dream. It seems like it happened ages ago. But last night, I KNEW I dreamed that dream. It was very similar to watching the same movie. You actually know what's going to happen next. And it happened as you expected it to - no changes, no deviations from the original plot. It seemed, I could hear myself think, "this is what's going to happen next" and it usually does. Funnily, I also heard my thoughts say, "this is really strange" when the dream unfolded just the way it was before... It was really ... weird. And a bit creepy because this never happened to me before.

And now the questions: Did I really dream this dream before, or did I experience it and mistakingly thought I dreamt it? If I DID dream it, are there other cases where the sleeper got to dream the exact same dream? Was this the first time I had dream deja vu or did I do it several times in the past but when I woke up, forgot all about it in consciousness? I may not know the answer to these questions at this time but I'm just happy that my mind stores my memories well. I just hope someone up there sweeps away the cobwebs and dustballs in the process...

7 comments:

mitzh said...

Actually in my case it will be like something happening and my mind tells me I dreamed about this.

mitch said...

I used to have a recurrent dream when I was younger. I already forgot what it was about, it's been years since the last time. Pero as I can recall, it was like encountering the same problem over and over and not really being able to do anything about it. The last time I dreamt about it, it took a huge effort to try and resolve the "story." Nung naiba ko yung ending, hindi ko na ulit yun napanaginipan.

:P said...

ang galing naman, mio! would never have thought about it that way... but parang yung dream ko did not have anything to do with a "problem", kaya ang weird nga e...

:P said...

hmmm... you may be right, mitzh...

Kari said...

Yette -

I also used to have a recurring dream when I was a kid. It was kind of a scary but not too eventful dream that I had several times. Maybe it's not super abnormal?

Hope you are doing well!

:P said...

hello kari!

now that many people are saying they did experience the same thing, i feel less anxious about it. =D

thanks so much for dropping by! =D

mitzh said...

I just remember this, I have one recurring dream and it usually happens when I'm at the lowest of low in my life, I always dream about the house where I grew up.

I later found out why, it's because it's a place where I find comfort, solace and strength.