Monday, September 17, 2007

DREAMS AND NIGHTMARES

I dream a lot. And these are only those dreams that I actually remember when I wake up. I don't even know (of course, there's no way I could know) all those other dreams I experienced while in really deep sleep. Anyway, some of my dreams are not dreams. Some are nightmares. I usually get these weird scary ones that usually have something to do with Ruther. Either something happened to him, we were separated through violent means, he was mugged, etc. I usually wake up really bothered, really agitated and really tearful. Some of these I share with Ruther, but sometimes, I don't tell him because I don't want him to think I'm a nutcase (and a worrywart). I don't know why I dream a lot. Maybe it's because my mind is so vulnerable in sleep that all my thoughts just make a story of their own and scare the h*ll out of me, maybe it's because I have a lot of fears (that's probably an understatement), maybe it's genetic (my mom dreams a lot too). This will probably take more research on my part to fully understand dreams, nightmares and the like. I might probably encounter that in my textbook soon. Who knows, I might find my answers there.

Anyway, I found this interesting as I was browsing through the 'net. It's from Deepak Chopra. If you don't know who he is... oh well... you can always look him up... =D


Nightmares are usually the organism's way of processing some intense experience during sleep.
The content of the nightmare does not necessarily correlate with a similar real life experience; rather it is the emotional response that is similar.
So having violent nightmares doesn’t necessarily imply that you are violent under your social veneer, but more likely, the emotional reactions during your nightmares indicate the quality of some psychic trauma from your past that is now being released.



Interesting, huh? Anyway, I would love to undergo regression and find out what my past life was like. But that will be another story for me to tell...

No comments: