Wednesday, October 24, 2007

ANOTHER WET WEDNESDAY

It's still pretty rainy today. Again, not that I mind. I'm trying to take a break from all the fixing by checking my blog. I already fixed most of our books and I think I'm done with that. I have to also check our albums and fix the attic as well because really, it is such a MESS up there. It's okay to do that today I guess because the rainy weather won't make it too warm up there (am having the electrician put an outlet there so I could use an electric fan when I'm up in the attic). Natasha, Ruther's cousin who went home to Australia last week has been reminding me to send her photos of the room. I told I'll do that once the room has been decorated. She's so excited. I think she's more excited than Ruther. I was hinting things to him like "I hope you'll like the room" and I didn't get anything from him. Oh well...

.....

The weather is making me sleepy. Which is not good today because I HAVE to do a lot of things aside from cleaning and fixing. The other day I felt guilty for not sitting down with Nikki for lessons so last night, I made sure we read some books and did a few pages of his workbook. He's actually still doing so good with his lessons. We've started reading on living and non-living things. Nothing serious though. Just an introduction. He's getting it a bit now. Like fans are non-living and cats are. He's currently doing picture stories. He would draw several things on a piece of papar then he would tell me the story. I'm going to post photos of those soon because his drawings were just so cute! He's getting to be quite creative and I am happy about that. =D As always, I worry that we might not be studying as much as other schoolkids but when I see how much fun my boys are having while studying at home and how relaxed they are with their lessons, I try to persevere. Of course, the age-by-age checklist helps a lot as well. But so far, so good. =D

2 comments:

Kristine said...

I admire your discipline when it comes to being your boys' teacher. Minsan para bang ang dali na lang ipagpa-bukas, hindi ba?

:P said...

thanks kristine. sometimes, i DO worry about our lessons but as always, I let my sons lead me. basta if it's no longer fun na talaga, i stop kasi i don't want them to hate learning. =D

thanks for the comment ha... take care! =D