Monday, October 22, 2007

BUSY BUSY BUSY

Yesterday was such a busy day for me. The painters were done with Ruther's and my room last Saturday so I tried to dust a bit that evening and prep the room for decorating and fixing up. So I suppose I slept pretty late that night.

The next day was the luncheon for Ate Nita's birthday (Mama's sister). She turns 74 on Tuesday (tomorrow). Anyway, yesterday morning, I had to prepare the boys' bag, bathe them, take a bath myself and other things before heading to the celebration. It was all right. Not everyone in the family went but it was still fun and Nikki and Ethan enjoyed playing with the kids there. It was just terribly hot and there was no airconditioning there (the government might label them in the Class C category) so we had to try to cool ourselves as best we could. While we were there, I decided to get Nikki a bike. We have a bike store there (10 family members pooled their money to start this bike business - including Ruther) so I picked one that would fit Nikki. When he tried riding it, he loved it a lot and of course, Ethan got jealous and wanted a turn. After several test runs, they had to stop because it was just so terribly warm and Ethan was getting cranky. Anyway, the bicycle cost only P1400 (approximately US$32) compared to the ones at the mall that were about P2400 (approx US$54). So yay! The boys have a bike now. Of course, they would have to share it first...

At around 2pm or so, we left but we did not go home immediately and decided to drop by the mall to cool off and buy some things. Russell (brother-in-law) helped me buy the wires and cable and electricals for the room and I was really so glad for his help. I also got a mirror for the room (P399 only! [approx. US$9]) and a trash can.

Come evening, I started fixing up the room and I started with Ruther's DVDs. I was not able to do much anymore because I was pretty exhausted. So I thought I would just continue today. And of course, that I did. I'm not even halfway done!! I still have a lot to do, not to mention fix the things in the attic because I just placed all the stuff there before the workers started painting. Sigh.

Might as well get on with it...

4 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like it's going to be lovely in your bedroom when everything is put back where you want it to be. Your husband will be very impressed when he comes home, I'm sure.

I enjoy reading about all your day-to-day experiences over there. You are very well-spoken (I suppose I should say well-written), Yette. I can almost picture everything you talk about the way you write them down.

Amy said...

Sounds like a busy but exciting time!! :)

:P said...

hello becky!

thanks a bunch for the compliment! really, i appreciate it! my mom would be happy about that because she was very strict with me and my siblings about grammar. hahaha!

anyway, am pretty excited with the way the room is coming together. i really really hope that my husband will like it! am keeping my fingers crossed...

=D take care!

:P said...

how right you are, amy! =D how are your jewelry classes coming along?