Wednesday, October 17, 2007

SOMEWHAT WET WEDNESDAY

It rained for a bit today. But it lasted for such a short while that after mere minutes, the sun was out again. Bummer...

.....

Had to bring our VHS player to the repair shop today. Some mechanism seems to have gone wrong inside it. The VHS tape won't eject and I can't use it (nor can the boys). So I thought of bringing it to the repair shop so they could have a look-see. They told me that before they do anything to it, they would give me a call so I would know the estimated cost of the repair. I said that would be fine. At 4pm, they called and told me that the repairs (parts and labor) will cost P900 (approximately US$20). That seemed okay with me because if I bring the unit to an authorized service center it might cost more and will definitely take days to be done (we had another unit repaired before and it wasn't a happy experience). At the repair shop, they told me that I could get it at 6pm later!! Talk about fast service. Well, I hope it works well later. Will have to test it before I pay for it.

.....

Ethan is undergoing a phase. He now hates to take a bath. You know Pigpen from Peanuts? I sometimes think of him when I see Ethan covered in chalk dust and refusing to have a bath. It's just so weird because this boy used to love staying inside the pail for hours and hours until he turned into a prune. And now when I say, "Ethan, bathtime!" I am met with wails and protests and a chase around the room. But when we are at the pool or a resort, he would need no urging and would be in the pool swimming and frolicking in a blink of an eye. Sigh...

Time to shower him now. Wish me luck...

No comments: