Saturday, December 22, 2007

BUSY

We went to the mall yesterday and the other day and there were a lot of people there. Not a LOT like "there's no more room to move" but rather something like "let's make sure the kids stay close so they won't get lost". It was okay, I guess. We didn't have to do shopping anyway so we didn't have to queue. Mama had to get her new pair of glasses and we just bought a present (it's a cute coffee set) for Ruther's paternal grandmother. Anyway, I had mixed feelings about the throng of people at the mall. I felt happy because it was like we were all sharing the pre-holiday excitement. But I also felt a bit anxious because I know, Christmas will be over in a flash. Nevertheless, it's wonderful to be spending the Yuletide season here and with Ruther beside me. That alone makes this Christmas an extra special one already.

.....

Been busy since yesterday. Mama's helper went home to the province for a vacation so Mama and I had to do the chores around the house. I really don't mind. I like helping around the house. Of course, it's more tiring, but at the same time, it's quite fulfilling. Anyway, tomorrow, I am sure there will be a LOT of preparations to be done so I think I'll try to sleep early tonight. Are you guys all ready for tomorrow? =D

4 comments:

Jeff Keith said...

The stores can get scary at Christmas. Atleast you didnt meet any grumpy last minute shoppers!! Merry Christmas!

Jane said...

have a lovely christmas Yette, take care, Jane

Anonymous said...

I'm finishing up the laundry so we'll have what we want to take to Russell's parents' house...we always stay over even though they're not that far away.

Merry Christmas!!!

Becky said...

I'm almost ready. We've had our gift shopping done for a few days, but today braved the madding crowds to get last minute groceries for the big Christmas dinner. We've got 20 people coming over for the big family dinner Christmas day at noon. We've got to begin the food preparation tomorrow for all the things that can be made in advance. Thankfully many of them are bringing some of the trimmings.

Merry Christmas, Yette! Hope you and yours have a blessed celebration of our Saviors birth!