Tuesday, December 18, 2007

HOT

It's been unbelievably hot these days. Remember a few weeks ago when I wrote something about the cool December mornings? Well, they're gone now. Even the taxi drivers have been complaining to me about the intense heat during the day and have added that it does not feel at all like December. In the evenings however, it's a whole lot better. The air gets cooler and then you see the Christmas lights and decors in the houses around and you hear the kids sing carols every now and then. It's so strange that your perceptions can change with the setting sun.

.....

Last night, I let the boys play with some sparklers I bought. I thought that come New Year, I would want us to have a photo where everyone was holding a sparkler but the problem is, Ethan is so scared of such things and Nikki's first time is always scary for him. So, last night, I first lighted one and showed Nikki that it was not painful nor scary. Then, to make it even more safe for him, I let him wear his glove and then let him hold the sparkler. He really enjoyed it. Ethan was keeping a safe distance from us but after a while, he got the other glove and asked me to put it on his hand. I did so and then we lighted one sparkler and Ethan was not scared. Success!! So I told them that on New Year's Day, we would all be lighting sparklers for the photos. I can't wait! =D