Tuesday, December 25, 2007

POST-CHRISTMAS THOUGHTS

Well, Christmas is almost over, but of course, not in the Philippines. =D I mean, we always extend the holidays until the first week of January, right?

Anyway, our Christmas was exhausting but fun! Yesterday afternoon, Ruther and I went out for some last minute grocery shopping. It was a good thing we did not have to go to a mall or I could only imagine the queue there. We just went to a small supermarket near our home. Before we did that however, we brought the van to a car wash place and Ruther had the van cleaned inside out. The guy there said it would take an hour so we did the shopping first and then had a bite to eat at Jollibee. It was nice. It was sort of like a date. I enjoyed spending that bit of time with Ruther alone while the boys were at home napping. I really do savor every minute we spend together especially knowing that I will miss him like crazy once he's back in Japan. =( Anyway, after that, we picked the van up then headed home. I then had to do chores as well as cook dinner but I was done at around 7pm so I had some time to rest a bit. At around 10pm, my mom and dad called us through Skype because they wanted to see the boys so badly (who cares if they don't talk to me as along as they speak to the boys =D). We were all so noisy trying to talk all at once, it was a bit hilarious. Then at around 11pm, we all started to get ready for the picture-taking. Oh my goodness, it was loads of fun! It was great that we were all in green and taking all these serious and fun pictures. It was crazy!! Anyway, after that, we all had some of the noche buena (spaghetti, chocolate cake, buko (young coconut) salad, empanadas) and then we opened our presents. Ruther got me some Jockey shirts which I looove. I think he remembered me saying that I found them so comfy (I already had 3) and I added that you can never have too much of a good thing and I think having those shirts in different colors would be wonderful. Well, he got me FOUR! I now have yellow, dark pink, black and blue shirts! Love them! But my favorite present of all was a Swarovsky necklace that Ruther bought in Japan. I know he bought it there because he wanted me to unwrap and open it when he arrived last month but I told him I want to open it on Christmas Day. Call me corny but that's just who I am. Anyway, I'm glad I waited and I love the necklace. It's simple yet elegant, just how I want it to be. I got Ruther a couple of shirts and a black cap. I know, cheesy, but hey! I'm a stay-at-home wife which means I earn zilch so I hope he was happy with those. The boys got him Skittles. Something to keep his life colorful, I guess. Then, at around 2am, after tidying up the mess we all got ready for bed.

part 2 of this story continues tomorrow... =D

No comments: