Wednesday, January 16, 2008

BEACH ACTIVITIES

Since we will be heading to the beach on Friday, I think it will be a great opportunity to sneak in some lessons while the boys are having fun. So, I researched some activities and I found these things that we could do or learn while we're at Panglao:

1. Build sandcastles or shapes
2. Make footprints
3. The sun (harmful rays), using sunblock and how shadows move as the sun moves across the sky
4. Things we could find at the beach
5. A close-up look at beach sand
6. Pirate treasure hunt
7. Pollution and the environment

I think that's not too bad. We will still be having the nature and historical tour as well so I guess that will be a learning experience in itself. I have been feeling a bit guilty for not having a schedule for lessons these past weeks. I just figured, the boys need time with their dad so why should I plan lessons when it's more important for them to play and bond and spend time with their father? Anyway, I guess it's just a bit different because before, I would pre-plan lessons and activities for the boys. These days, we just go with the flow and are more spontaneous and perhaps I feel we're not doing a lot. Anyway, the most important thing is for the boys to have fun while learning and with that in mind, I'm sure they will enjoy this family trip! =D

No comments: