Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR! WELCOME 2008!!

Today was another busy day for us. We spent most of the morning at the beauty salon because Ruther wanted to have his hair rebonded. We were of course, shocked to know that rebonding (even for short hair) lasts around FOUR hours! I was already feeling stressed just thinking about spending four hours at the salon with the boys. But thankfully, I managed (barely) and I even got a foot spa and pedicure along with Ruther. It was nice but I didn't get to enjoy it fully because I had to keep a constant eye on the boys and really, just being so alert the whole time made me really tense. We also went to buy some groceries, and I bought lunch for the boys, and the they asked for some ice cream so that kept them busy during the four hours. Also, seeing Ruther so pleased with his no longer wavy hair took away my frustration over the day and I was able to nap in the afternoon and recharge myself. Come evening, I had to prepare our "Happy New Year" banner and the 2008 sign for the pictorial. This is another tradition I am starting with my family. I want us to mark every year this way so it will be special for us. We had fun taking photos although Ethan was not in a cooperative mood and was so pesky which irked me a bit. But we managed somehow and came up with nice photos. At around 11pm, we started lighting our sparklers and fountains and watched some of the firecrakers from the neighbors. Ethan was cautious at first but he enjoyed the fireworks and kept on yelling with glee. Nikki watched but he had ear muffs on and was not too happy with the noise. But they still had fun with the sparklers and the fountains. I have yet to see the photos that we took. Hopefully, they turned out okay. Will post nice ones here next time.

I cannot believe that another year has ended just like that. I feel so unprepared for the new year. I feel like I just closed my eyes and now, 2007 is over. I don't know what 2008 has in store for me and my family but I hope and pray that it will be a memorable, wonderful and fun year for us. A Happy New Year to all! =D

No comments: