Wednesday, January 30, 2008

PROBLEMS

I just heard from a good friend of mine today. I've known her since I was 5 and to this day, we remain great friends. However, we only get to talk and see each other when I go home to Zamboanga. She is also quite busy with her life there (work and taking care of her family) so she rarely has the time to sit in front of the computer, let alone check her emails. So I was surprised and delighted to see an email from her today. However, it was not as happy as I expected it to be.

She told me that she was pregnant again - two months along the way. She already has 2 kids and even if she does consider this latest surprise a blessing, she really doesn't know how to handle it because according to her letter, things are just so crazy in her life right now that she feels she's not ready to be pregnant again. I really felt so sorry for my friend. A pregnancy should be met with celebration and joy, but with her, she feels all the more burdened. She was asking me when I was going home to Zamboanga because she didn't want to tell me her problems through email (it would take forever, probably) and I told her we might be there sometime in April. My friend is very sweet, responsible, thoughtful and devoted. I cannot understand why she is constantly given struggles in life when she deserves every happiness. I really feel so sad for her. But of course, I didn't tell her this. I reassured her and told her to be positive and focus on the happy aspects of the pregnancy. I feel I already know some of the problems she did not mention in her email. We've known each other for so long, I know some of the things that happen in her life even if we are mostly apart. I really do hope that she will be hopeful and positive about her pregnancy. And I also hope that whatever problems she has right now will be resolved soon so that she could be 100% focused on her baby.

.....

My sweetie is having some work problems. Nothing biggie. It's just that Ruther rarely talks about work. It's not that he doesn't want to (I used to bug him before about work which irked him) but he reasons, he just doesn't want to be further burdened by it when he comes home. He just wants to be relaxed and free of work stuff when he's with me and the boys. When he told me this, I understood. Ruther is very capable. He was wonderful work ethics and is very professional. Which is why, when he shares some of his problems at work with me, I know that those problems are really getting to him and are really affecting him. (Good thing that rarely happens, though.) So I was really worried about him last night when this nagging problem he's had for a few days now is affecting him a lot. I know that he will find some answers to it eventually but please help me pray that he will find resolution soon. I really do believe in the power of prayer and I know that every prayer you say will help my husband. Please also say a little prayer for my friend so that she may find some peace in her heart despite the troubles surrounding her. I really appreciate it. And thanks so much in advance!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Russell is the same way. His work is really getting to him right now too...the other night he started talking about it and just kept going for an hour. I feel so bad for him, but there's nothing I can do but listen.