Sunday, January 27, 2008

ROOM PHOTOS

Here are photos of our room at last! I took the photos before the priest blessed the room and we were all rushing and I just took 4 photos. When I uploaded/downloaded them, I realized that they weren't really nice shots but I suppose they will have to do for now.


There's the wardrobe that Tita Nicki loved so much when she was here. It's very Asian (the theme of the room) and I love it. And the tall brown cabinet on the right is where we keep my bead necklaces and bracelets, lotions, perfumes, medicines and toiletries and other stuff. I used to own a dresser but I realized that it would take too much space in our very limited room, so I opted for a full-length mirror and this tall cabinet instead. I think that was a good move. Anyway, the small table in front of the window is where the laptop sits everyday. That's where I pretty much blog and check mails and surf. It's actually nice because it's quite relaxing to look outside once in a while when I'm in deep thought. That's our bed. It looks so comfy, doesn't it? I really really love our bed. That's my favorite part in our room. =D

This is on the other side of the room. It kinda looks messy, doesn't it? I suppose the flash from the camera highlighted every messy detail. There's the Samsung tv that we bought when Ruther arrived from Japan last year. The frame with the butterflies on it (under the airconditioning unit) and a smaller frame with a scorpion (not too visible anymore), Ruther got those when he was in Saudi years ago. So it's nice that there are some things in our room that holds certain memories. The refrigerator on the left was owned by an aunt of mine but when she left for Canada, she gave that to my sister to use. It's however too small for her room (she shares the ref with my brother too) so when my mom bought them a bigger ref, she gave this smaller one to me. The cute lamp on the ref, we bought that at Regalong Pambahay. It was only P600 and it looks really cute in our room. =D
When I get the chance, I'll take a more detailed photo of the room but at least now, you have an idea of what it looks like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the dark furniture with the light green walls! The contrast is nice without lessening the relaxing effect of the color.

I generally have my laptop (where the magic happens) sitting on a desk in front of the window too, for the same reason as you. :)

Becky said...

I LOVE that color of green! It looks a little like my blog background color.

Amy is right...the dark furniture looks great against the green, and I love the red as an accent color. Good job, Yette!