Wednesday, February 27, 2008

6:04

It's 6 in the morning and I just called Ruther to wake him up. He has to wake up early on Wednesdays and Fridays because he has Nihongo class and it's earlier (8:30am Japan time) than his usual work time (9am Japan time). Sometimes I worry about Ruther not getting enough rest in the evenings. I think I mentioned before that he has some difficulty sleeping or getting a full night's rest when he's not with me (he told me this). Sometimes though, it's the other way around with me (I said "sometimes", sweetie!) . Anyway, I like waking my husband up in the mornings. I think it's nice to start the day by talking to him, even if it is only through the phone. I like that we still have that connection despite the distance between us. Sometimes I have to wake him up more than once because he dozes of again after I call him. During the first few years of marriage, I would really hate that and think that he was intentionally ignoring my wake-up calls. But then I realized, even before we were married, he already had difficulty waking up in the mornings so I just told myself, "You have to learn to accept it, girl!" And so now, when I wake him up in the mornings, I try to put myself in his shoes and try to be more understanding. But of course, when he's going to be late for work, I try to use a sharper tone of voice to break the sleepiness from his brain. It usually works. Sometimes. =D

No comments: