Monday, February 25, 2008

ALL BETTER

I'm feeling much better today, thankfully. I don't even know what caused my tummyache last night but I'm guessing it was something I ate for supper that did not agree with me. It was just a horrible feeling to just lie in bed and try not to move and pray that the pain would subside. I really don't like to take medicine these days (been taking so much analgesic when I was in college) so I try to use other ways of alleviating my symptoms. Anyway, shortly after I blogged yesterday about my tummyache, I emailed Ruther about it (he was sleeping by that time) and told him that I wish he was here with me to give me a hug. I just felt so low last night. And because of my tummyache, the boys and I slept at 2am! I know, not good, but I'm trying to remedy that tonight. Hopefully, I won't have any more tummyaches in the near future.

.....

The boys and I spent yesterday with my sis and bro at the mall. It was a nice family day. We went to Alabang Town Center because I had to buy Ruther's butong pakwan (salted watermelon seeds) there. It's his favorite and he's running out. The boys had fun playing in the activity center and even played a bit of duckpin bowling. Then we went to the dollar store and I bought lotion and peppermint tea there. My sis and bro bought some stuff as well. We then had some lunch and I got the boys some (what else?) fried chicken. My bro and I had the Balot-balot tapa which was yummy with the salted egg and tomato. Mmmmm... Anyway, I was going to look for a toy for the boys at Toys R' us but they were closed for renovations so I settled for the bookstores instead. Anyway, I got the boys several nice books and a workbook for Nikki. We went home after getting some ice cream and the boys were all tired out. After napping, we went to church and I really missed Ruther's presence there. I suppose I'll just have to think that in a few months, we'll be hearing mass together again. I just have to be strong about this.

Anyway, in the evening, Nikki and I did some lessons. We did more than usual and I was happy with Nikki's progress. We also did some cutting and pasting, an activity that he loves. Hopefully, later will be another successful homeschooling night. We'll just have to see about that.

P.S. Thanks to Amy and Becky for cheering me up. You guys are really great friends! =D

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey, anytime, Yette...that's what friends are for.

I'm glad you're feeling better today!