Tuesday, February 19, 2008

ON COOKING

I miss cooking for Ruther. I suppose, that's one of the times when I can get creative and actually do something so accomplishing. When we were in Japan I would check my cookbooks and sites for some great recipes. I had to pick something that would be okay for everyone because the food would just be a waste if Ruther would not enjoy it or if the boys would not like it. Me, I like to try new things. I like trying new foods just as long as it's not something totally exotic. Ruther has specific taste and usually likes soy sauce-based foods. And don't get me started on the boys. So anyway, it's hard to be creative and satisfy 3 picky palates. Sometimes I hit the mark sometimes I don't but it's still fun to cook, come up with new dishes once in a while and it's nice to see my family enjoy my cooking. Here at home I don't cook as much. We already have a cook (hired by Mama) and if I cook something as well, we'll end up with a lot of food on the table which would just end up as leftovers and be a waste. So I usually just cook for the boys (which are really very simple meals) and there's hardly any creativity there. Oh well. If ever we make it to Japan in a few months, I'm hoping that I could do more creative cooking and be more adventurous in the kitchen. You see all these recipes I've been posting? Well, I'm filing them away here so I'll have them all ready just in case I need a specific recipe. I won't have to search through all my recipe books for ideas and such. Actually, I'm also saving it here for Ruther just in case he wants to cook something (while in Japan). He could just find the recipe here but apparently, he hardly has anytime to cook dishes because when he gets home in the evenings, he's usually tired out from work. Hopefully in a few months, I'll be cooking for him once more. Keeping my fingers crossed on that...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's just the opposite around here. Russell will eat most anything and everything...I will not. :)

Hopefully your time apart will be as painless as possible and fly by! How long will he be gone this time?

mitzh said...

Keeping my fingers crossed as well. I really pray that you and your boys will be back here! :D

Becky said...

I know what you're saying...it's much more fun to cook for a hubby that appreciates good, homecooked food.

So it looks like you might be able to relocate to Japan, or just go there for a whilem then? That would be so wonderful for you guys to all be together again on a full-time basis.