Friday, February 15, 2008

POST-VALENTINE'S DAY POST

Valentine's Day has come and gone. As planned, the boys and I went to the mall. That was my date for the day. Anyway, Nikki had ice cream and Ethan and I shared some fishballs. Romantic, isn't it? =D We did some grocery-shopping and for my Valentine treat, I got myself leche flan. I know that's going to ruin my weight-loss goal but I think I deserve the treat. Ruther and I did talk in the morning because I woke him up. But I guess he went back to sleep so he was late for work. I now have to ring him like 3 times just to make sure he gets up and gets ready. Anyway, before Ruther left for Japan last Monday, I gave him 2 Valentine's cards from me and told him not to open them until Thursday (yesterday). I don't know if he did already. Nikki also made a cute card for him. We did that during our arts and crafts lesson. Anyway, the rest of our day was pretty routine. We did some lessons and then I did some studying. It was okay I guess. Not much of a Valentine's Day but it could have been a lot worse and I'm happy with how things went on yesterday.

.....

VALENTINE'S DAY IN JAPAN

Japanese Valentine's Day is for women to give men chocolates or gifts. This is a typical way to celebrate Valentine's day in Japan. Women are expressing love to men by giving chocolates. But it's also common for women to give chocolates to men who they don't actually love, such as co-workers and male friends. This kind of chocolates are called giri-choco which mean chocolates given because of obligations.
Many stores in Japan sell lots of chocolates before Valentine's day. Men who received chocolates or gifts on Valentine's day are supposed to give gifts back to the women on March 14th called White Day.
http://gojapan.about.com/cs/japaneseholidays/a/valentineday.htm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Japan's way of one person gives a gift, then much later the other person gives the gift. That way you can't have the situation of only one person getting a gift. :) (Yesterday at school, a really sweet girl in flute choir made me a valentine and gave me a piece of candy. I know she didn't expect me to have a valentine for her too, because almost no one does it at my school, but still...)

But back to what I had planned to say...
Your V-day sounds pretty good, actually. You're married, you know he loves you, he was very excited to be the first to tell you "Happy Valentines Day," and you have to beautiful boys. Who better to spend the day with? :)