Monday, February 18, 2008

WHAT'S HAPPENING?

I haven't been updated with the news for a while now. It's not that I don't care (okay, maybe a teeny part of me doesn't) but politics does not interest me at all. I find it very disturbing, boring and utterly chaotic. Besides, I would not want bad news from the politicl arena to ruin my day so I try to stay away from the news as much as possible. I figure, if it's THAT important, I would hear about it anyway. But this morning, when I went to the bakery to buy some hot, yummy pandesal for breakfast I decided to get a paper as well. Well, the only word I could use to describe the headlines was "shocking"! I mean, what is happening to the Philippines? I know there are problems in the government but all this transparency is destroying us all. I mean, isn't there a more subtle (I'm not saying "hushed") way of fixing all these problems? Frankly, I don't even know what all the problems are. I hear things like ZTE, stocks falling, calling GMA's resignation (is this going to be a frequent thing in Philippine history?!?!?), J de Venecia and all that. It's all very disturbing, confusing and irritating. Really, who could take the Philippine government seriously with all these controversies? Really really depressing. I wish all those people would just resign on their own and fresh new people step up. Or, we could always migrate. Now that's an idea...

No comments: