Thursday, March 20, 2008

HOT!

It's just so unbelievably hot today! The boys are napping right now and I had no choice but to turn the AC on just to keep the room comfy. I tried to nap as well but after 20 minutes, I woke up with fine sweat and I couldn't go back to sleep anymore because I was no longer comfortable. Summer in Manila is usually this hot. In the provinces though, you could always depend on a cooling breeze to drown the humidity a bit and make summer a bit more pleasant. Just thinking about 2 more months of this is really bothersome. I just hope the boys won't get sick in this weather. Sigh. Sorry for the griping. It's just too hot to do anything else at the moment...

.....

Ruther has no work today! Yay! I guess it's that holiday where they celebrate Vernal Equinox or Shunbun no hi. I think it's nice that he has a day off from work this week especially since it's Holy Week (they don't have Holy Week in Japan). Anyway, more on the holiday from Wikipedia:

The vernal equinox is a national holiday for the admiration of nature and the love of living things. Around this time, various Buddhist sects celebrate the spring higan. Many people visit the graves of their ancestors, washing the tombstone, tidying up the site, and offering flowers. The first celebration in Japan took place in 806.

No comments: