Wednesday, April 02, 2008

COOLING OFF

It's been so warm these past few days so I decided to fill the boys' pool with water so they could have fun and cool off at the same time. They really enjoyed splashing and playing with their toys in their birthday suits and in the shade of the garage. I wouldn't want them to get any more darker. While taking their photos, I teased Nikki that I was going into the pool to join them and he told me, "But Mommy, you're too big for the pool!" Ouch. Anyway, after they got tired, I covered their pool with a shower curtain to prevent mosquitoes from breeding there. They played in it again yesterday (twice) so now the water has to be replaced. But instead of just throwing it away, I'm planning to use it for watering the plants. Gotta do my part in saving earth's resources, right? =D

.....

I dreamed about Ruther last night. I dreamed that he came home unexpectedly from Japan and surprised me!! Wow. That was really a nice dream. Now, if only that could really happen...

.....

We're having overcast skies today! Woohoo! Anything that could block out the sun for a few hours is great because that means, we're not going to have another sizzling afternoon. I went to the bank yesterday while the boys were asleep and whew! it felt like my skin was burning. I suppose everytime I go out now, I would have to use sunblock (which I terribly hate by the way because it makes my skin so oily/greasy but my wonderful mother insists I use it otherwise I would look older than her and who am I to disobey?) but our current sunblock is past the expiration date so I would have to get another bottle - soon. Hmm. Maybe I should get a bottle for the boys as well.

1 comment:

Becky said...

That would be a nice dream, having your hubby surprise you and come home early.

I'm not ready for summer. We get scorchers here in the desert, too. I'm not looking forward to my skin drying out and having to wear sunscreen and all that. Except for the fact that I love spring, and the flowers and birds and everything...I suppose I wouldn't mind living in Alaska or Siberia. It's said that there are no poisonous spiders or snakes or anything there...only mosquitos. I think I could live with that.