Thursday, April 03, 2008

THE FAN

Just when I thought things weren't going to get any hotter our electric fan suddenly just decided to die on us. Well, it didn't just die, it let out some smoke first and then it died. Yeah, it had to stink up the room first before being discarded. Uh, okay. You choose to die now, when it's summer?? Thanks a lot, fan.

Anyway, we can't not buy another electric fan because as it is, the house is already having some fan shortages and it's just so darn H-O-T. The living room downstairs does not have a fan and I guess that's only because we don't usually have parties and visitors these days. Also, we can't very well just rely on the AC to keep us cool so yeah, I NEED to buy another fan. And we did that today.

I decided to bring the boys along so they could have some fun at the mall. Anyway, we picked a fan that was not too big, not too colorful, not too weak and definitely not a desk fan. Nikki helped me choose. He was the wind gauge-r. He would tell me, "this fan is not strong, mommy" or "I like this fan, it's really fast". I guess he knows his stuff. So we ended up with a nice, black, really fast stand fan which I hope will last years and years. Anyway, after we got the fan, we bought some other things like juice and chips and chocolates (can't forget that!) and then we had some snacks after that and then I paid the bills and then we went home.

I quickly assembled the fan in no time. I think one of the plusses in having your husband away all the time is that you learn to be a handyman on your own (just don't let me do the plumbing - anything but that!). So yeah, I guess I could assemble a fan with my eyes shut. I don't even have to look at the instructions! Nikki was really happy with the fan. He immediately told me, "Steady the fan here, Mommy" as he was lying on the bed. You could tell who the fan fan is. =D

1 comment:

Becky said...

The fan fan, lol.

Oy, we have a scorcher of a desert summer coming. I'm going to need to think about getting the fan out, too.

It seems too early yet, as we can still see snow on the nearby mountains.

Alaska is sounding better and better, lol. I don't do heat well.